Welcome to my It Works Review.
One of the questions that we have to look at before joining any opportunity is if it is a scam or not.
We are going to take a look at the company, the products, and the compensation plan to help us determine if it is a legitimate MLM program that we can join and build a home business with.
We wouldn’t want to start investing our time and money into a company and end up losing everything that we invested in trying to make money from home.
This is one of the worst feelings that you can have when starting a home business and that is one of the main reasons for my review site.
To help others know the difference between a scam and a legitimate program.
With that said, let’s dive down and get started.
It Works Company Overview
In this section of the review, we are going to take a look at the It Works company information.
The It Works company is designed in a Direct Sales MLM business model.
The It Works company launched back in 2001 and the CEO/owner is Mark Pentecost.
Mark started out as a High Scholl Teacher to multi-millionaire with the It Works company that he started.
The company is located at 908 Riverside Drive in Palmetto, Florida 34221.
The opportunity to earn money with the It Works opportunity has expanded globally over the years since Mark started the company.
Some of the countries outside of the US that they do business in now include:
- New Zealand
The company actually made the list for the Direct Selling News magazine for being 1 of the top 15 most profitable MLM companies in North America a few years ago.
Some of the achievements that It Works are illustrated in the image below.
The company made more than half a billion dollars in sales.
That is a quick overview of the company information let’s move on.
Another great review: EpicMD Review – Scam? Compensation Plan Simplified.
It Works Products Review
In this section of the review, we are going to take a look at the It Works products that they offer.
The main product that It Works offers is the Body Wrap that is designed to help shed inches off of your waistline when it first came out.
The slogan that the company went with was “Have you tried that crazy wrap thing?”
The niche that they are in is very different than the typical health and wellness beverage or service type of MLM companies that are popular among Network Marketing companies.
Let’s dive in and see what products they offer:
It Works Body Wraps
The Body Wraps that It Works offers are the following:
- Ultimate Body Applicator – The main wrap that usually is applied on your tummy line contains herbs and botanicals that are created to lose inches. ($59 Wholesale/$99 retail)
- Defining Gel – This is the gel that you apply before adding the wraps to help with the process to lose inches. ($45/$75)
- Fab Wrap – Smaller “Body Wrap” that will contour to the smaller areas of your body. ($5/$8)
It Works Skin
The company also offers skin products in their product line-up.
The products in the skin line include:
- Facial Creams
- Stretch Mark Cream
- Preventage Cream
- Lip and Eye Cream
- Skin Toner
- Hair, Skin, and Nails.
The prices that the skincare products sell range from $30 to $100.
It Works Greens Reviews
The company also offers a Green line of health and wellness products that are consumables.
They all come in powder form.
There is a total of 6 products offered in the Green line.
The powders are best used in beverages that will enhance or make the powdered greens not taste so chalky.
All of the products in the Green line offer powerful antioxidants and health benefits.
Here is a breakdown of the Green products the It Works company offers:
- Greens Orange & Green Berry: Powder Supplement with 120 grams ($33 Wholesale/$55 Retail).
- Greens On The Go: Portable packets of Greens Powder ($35/$59).
- Greens Value Size Orange and Berry: Contains 360 grams instead of 120 ($79/$139).
It Works Lifestyle
It Works also offer lifestyle products that are vitamin and mineral supplements.
Some of the products they offer in this category include:
- Fat Burner
- Estrogen Balancer
- Omega 3
- Core nutrition
- A Cleanse
- Thermal Fat Burner
The products in the lifestyle category range in price from $22 to $139.
It Works Keto Coffee Line
Can’t forget about the newest addition to the It Works product line which is the Keto coffee products that include:
- Keto Creamer
- Keto Coffee
- including package deals as well.
It Works Product Packs
It Works offers package deals with the product lines.
They basically bundle similar products together that the company thinks will work best for people.
The products are also sold with a discount when purchased as a package.
This also is an easy way to hit your personal volume requirements outlined in the compensation plan described below.
Here is a breakdown of their packages they offer:
- 100 Day Social Adventures ($99) – This is actually for their marketing when you want to sponsor people in the business. You will learn how to brush up on your social media skills to launch your business online.
- Wrap Pack ($69/$115) – This is one of the most popular bundles that include the Ultimate Body Applicator and the Defining Gel.
- Ultimate pack ($279/$465) – This includes, It Works ProFit, Ultimate ThermoFit, its Vital Core Nutrition Formula, and Its Essential Weight loss energy bars.
- Skinny Pack ($112/$189) – This includes 4 Ultimate Body Applicators, one bottle of Defining Gel, and one Advanced Formula Fat Fighter with Carb Inhibitors.
- It Pack ($179/$299) – This includes the Berry/Orange Flavor powder and also contains 4 Ultimate Body Applicators, one defining gel, four Facial supplements, one Lip & Eye supplement, and one Greens on the Go Berry-flavored supplement.
The package deals are always a good way to lead for a selling point because it offers more for less money including volume.
With that said, let’s move on to the next section.
Another great review: Enersource International Review – Scam? Compensation Plan Breakdown
It Works Compensation Plan Breakdown
In this section of the review, we are going to take a look at the It Works compensation plan and how you earn money with it.
Like all MLM companies, you get paid commissions when you refer people and customers into the It Works business under your affiliate link.
“It Works” pays commissions in the same fashion.
First, here is a video breakdown of how the compensation plan works with a simplified explanation.
It Works Compensation Plan Video
3 Ways To Get Started With It Works
There are 3 ways to get started with It Works that you will want to know about before proceeding.
This is important to earn commissions.
Here are the 3 ways to get started:
- Distributors – When you join as a distributor you will have the ability to build a business and earn money with the It Works compensation plan they offer. Referring others into your It Works business will start the process where you can start earning money. You are also usually required to purchase a certain amount of product volume per month to qualify for commissions which are referred to as an “auto-ship”.
- Retail Customers – A retail customer is a person that purchases a one-time purchase of a product. They are vital for a legal MLM business model to have and also will provide volume and commissions for distributors.
- Loyal Customers – The “Loyal customers will usually have experience with a product or products and like it so much they will go on what is called an auto-ship for 3-months. The loyal customers will get a discounted price on all products for doing this and also qualify for commissions that are very limited compared to a distributor.
Basically, you will want to sponsor all 3 types of people into It Works for maximum results.
When someone doesn’t want to become a distributor but wants to “try” the products then great!
This offers the future prospect of someone that could simply fall in love with the product and mention it to others where they feel inclined to take a chance on joining as a distributor so they can earn commissions for a product they fell in love with.
It Works Compensation Plan Simplified
The first thing that you will want to work towards is to become what is called “commission qualified”.
To qualify for the It Works commissions that they offer you will need to do 1 of the two things below:
- You will need to have at least 400 Personal Bonus Volume for any month. The PBV is volume earned from you, loyal customers, and retail customers. Many will start to promote to have distributors join and simply purchase the volume necessary once it balances out in commissions earned.
- You can also qualify by generating an 80 BV auto-ship. Bonus Volume (BV) is what the company gives to any individual product or package. Usually, this is not a 1:1 value so you will have to take note of what each product can earn you in volume points.
Now that you are commission qualified, you can now earn through the compensation plan that It Works offers.
It Works has several ways that you can earn which are:
- Cash and Carry Commission – These are commissions that you can earn which will pay 50% of any products sold at home parties, any events, and also to retail customers that purchase 1-off purchases.
- Remote Commission – These are commissions that you can earn 15% on all orders that your personal customers place through phone or through an online purchase.
- Team Downline Commission – This is the main way to earn commissions through the compensation plan that It Works offers. The commissions are paid through the unilevel compensation plan.
The unilevel compensation plan is structured in a unilevel compensation plan structure.
Here is a quick breakdown of how the unilevel is structured:
- Level 1 – Level one of your unilevel pay structure will only have your personally referred members.
- Level 2 – Level 2 of your unilevel pay structure will only have team members that your personally referred members sponsored into It Works.
- Level 3 – Level 3 of your unilevel pay structure will only have team members that your Level 2 team members personally refer into It Works.
- and so on…
Unilevel Residual Commissions
- Level 1 – You will earn 15% from your personally referred members monthly.
- Level 2 – You will earn 10% from this level.
- Level 3 – Another 10% from this level.
- Level 4 – You will earn 2% to 5% on the remaining levels of the unilevel levels they offer.
Building a downline is essential to earning any significant amount with the unilevel compensation plan that It Works offers.
Without a solid team in place, you are not going to earn the type of life-changing monthly commissions that you are looking for.
It all starts with you and referring more and more members to the It Works opportunity.
Rewards And Bonus Commissions
It Works also offers bonus and reward commissions.
This is provided to reward its affiliate members that are doing well with the compensation plan program that It Works offers.
Here is a breakdown of the additional commissions that you can earn with the extra bonus and rewards that It Works offers:
- Fast Start Bonus Commissions – When you enroll 2 loyal customers in your first 30 days after you join It Works you will qualify to earn a $99 bonus commission.
- Get 4 Product Credit Commissions – To qualify for this commission you will need to enroll 4 loyal customers in your first 30 days. When you do this you will receive a $120 bonus volume voucher you can use at any time.
- Wrap Rewards Commissions – To qualify for this bonus commission you will need to enroll 2 loyal customers. When you do this you will have your choice of a box of facial wraps or a box of body applicators that you can “purchase” for a discounted price.
- $500 Guarantee Commissions – When you complete the above top steps It Works will reward you with a $500 bonus.
That is all I have for the compensation plan details, let’s move on to the next section.
Another great review: Le-Vel Thrive Review – Scam? Compensation Plan Simplified
It Works FAQ
In this section of the review, we are going to take a look at questions that people may have when thinking about joining the It Works opportunity and answering them.
Is It Works BBB Accredited?
No, It Works is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
However it does look like the company was accredited at some time, it looks like they lost their accreditation with them.
This is what we know:
- The BBB has a C+ rating without accreditation.
- There are several reviews that are both positive and negative.
- The BBB claims that the company has “un-resolves” complaints which is why they lost their accreditation.
Look, the BBB has been know to offer false information about both legal companies and scam companies so I personally don’t take into consideration the rating or accreditation that the BBB has a program listed at.
I only refer to the BBB for further information on the company itself, and also to look at some reviews and testimonials they have listed.
For the information that I’ve found on the BBB, you can click here.
In the next section of this review, we are going to finally, take a look at if we think the It Works opportunity is a scam.
Is It Works A Scam?
In my opinion, no It Works is not a scam.
They have a solid business model and they are listed on trusted MLM’s through the Direct Sales organization.
They’ve accomplished a lot of success and also ran into some issues but through our research looks like they work through it all and come out better in the end as of now.
With that said, let’s move forward.
Related articles: MLM Company Reviews, Scams, and Compensation Plans
My Final It Works Review and Thoughts
In this final section of the review, I am going to share my final thoughts about the It Works opportunity and share if I feel it is worth it.
It works has so many things that I like about it.
This is a company that really has a solid business structure that I don’t have to convince anyone of.
Any person that joins It Works should feel confident that they are part of a solid MLM company that you can build a solid residual income with from home.
With all that said, Would I recommend or join It Works personally?
In my opinion, I feel that this is a great program that you can join.
I feel that it is also a very legitimate MLM program as well.
Would I recommend it?
No, simply because I know there are easier ways to earn a full-time income online with.
Would I join It Works?
No, simply because of the same reasons I explained before.
One of the main things that you want to do when starting an online business is to diversify your income through a few income streams.
It Works frowns on this practice which is the norm with most MLM companies which is why I keep to the more “open-minded” MLM companies.
With that said…
I hope you enjoyed my It Works review.
Make sure to share this review with others by clicking on the social share links on this page and share it so that others will know exactly what the It Works opportunity is all about.