Welcome to my article about the best crypto lending platforms out right now.
I will come back and update this list (if need be) each year.
We have compiled this list by actually using the platforms and seeing if what they claim is actually true.
Also, we like to see how the platform’s usability is and if there are any issues that come up while using these crypto lending platforms.
I am happy to report that they are all very professional platforms for you to lend, borrow and profit from over the period of time that we have used them.
With that said, let’s dive in and get started with the best crypto lending platforms out right now.
**This list is in no general order, but the platforms that we enjoyed more will be located near the top of the list.
- Mostly fee-free platform
- Market-best interest rates
- Earn interest, trade, and borrow from a centralized hub using the BlockFi app
- Perfect for beginners
- Reward up to 15% APY which is paid out weekly
- Instant and free payments
- The user-friendly and well-designed mobile app
- The platform is available in over 100 countries
- The platform also offers a loyalty program
- The platform has over 30 available cryptocurrencies
- Ledn helps you invest in a variety of secure and safe ways. Ledn’s investment portfolio will allow you to track the value of your crypto-assets, such as bitcoin or Ethereum, against the value of other currencies, such as CAD or USD.
- The Ledn platform also allows you to invest in other assets such as real estate by using cryptocurrencies that will be automatically converted into fiat currencies and deposited into an escrow account for the real estate deal – and then back again once the deal has been completed.
- Ledn offers insurance products. You can buy insurance against loss with Ledn while using its savings account or leverage accounts that offer secured loans for periods of up to 12 months.
- High interest rates offered for Bitcoin and USDC are a big plus as well.
- Types of cryptos: Bitcoin, Ethereum, DAI, Tether (USDT), and USDC
- There is no minimum deposit
- There are no lock-in periods
- Hodlnaut offers high-interest rates on deposits which is one of the highest among other crypto lending platforms
- There are no minimum requirements when it comes to deposits
- Hodlnaut pays out weekly
- Any of your deposits can also be withdrawn at any time
- The SwissBorg Wealth app helps users get the highest returns on their crypto holdings.
- The SwissBorg Community app is a good way for newcomers to learn about Bitcoin.
- Transparent fee structure.
- Users can diversify their holdings via Crypto Bundles.
- Available in more than 115 countries.
- No fees – Don’t have to pay any interest or lock your cryptocurrency holdings up to get a loan. Nexo takes a cut from the funds raised by the loan amount. Nexo will take a 3% commission from each of your borrowed funds, which is deducted after every day.
- Flexibility – Loan terms ranging from 3 days to 12 months, depending on your portfolio balanced with Nexo; can choose when and how much you want to borrow as well as how much interest you want on top of the daily rate/percentage offered by Nexo.
What Is A Crypto Lending Platform?
The first thing I would like to mention is what a crypto lending platform actually is.
A crypto lending platform is an online platform that allows you to lend your crypto in exchange for interests.
These platforms are used by two different parties: borrowers, that have some crypto lying around and would like to generate passive income from it, and lenders (also called investors) that have some spare capital and want to generate a return on investment by loan the borrower the amount of money they need at an interest rate agreed upon in advance between the two parties.
How Does A Crypto Lending Work?
To really understand how a crypto lending platform works, we should divide it in two parts: the borrower and the lender.
Once the borrower has chosen the amount of money he wants to borrow and the length of time for repayment, he needs to deposit crypto assets as collateral.
The lender will then select with what interest rate he agrees on.
Once all parties involved have chosen their preferred options, they enter into a smart contract in which both will deposit their assets or ETH in exchange for P2P loans with no middlemen involved.
All this happens in the Ethereum blockchain, so it is completely transparent for all parties involved that can track their funds at any moment by logging into their accounts.
What Is Crypto Loan?
A crypto loan is used as a short-term loan that offers the possibility to generate a return on investment through interest rates paid by borrowers.
Usually, these are small amounts of money, like the ones people request on platforms like Kiva.org or GoFundMe.
The main difference is that lenders can earn a passive income by using Crypto Lending platforms in exchange for interest rates determined in advance between borrower and lender.
Are Crypto Lending Platforms Safe?
The short answer is yes.
This fraud is not possible with most of the platforms in use today. The types of frauds are:
- ETH Theft – this is not a problem on most crypto lending platforms as smart contracts allow the money deposited by investors to be sent back to them automatically, and therefore preventing the possibility of theft by way of withdrawing it. The safest way to deposit ETH is via a system like MyEtherWallet that allows you to create an Ethereum wallet without having it stored on your personal computer, but only on their servers. This eliminates any possibility of hacking into your private keys compromising your funds or allowing hackers to steal them.
- Website Hack – Most of the lending platforms have an insurance policy that allows their users to recover all their capital in case their website is hacked. The compensation for crypto assets stolen during a hack is usually covered by specialized insurance companies, and this is also used as many times as needed without having to pay extra fees.
Conclusion: Top 5 Crypto Lending Platforms Right Now In 2021
This brings us to the conclusion of the top 5 crypto lending platforms that I recommend in 2021 after using them.
The main difference between a traditional bank and a crypto lending platform is that most of the platforms do not charge you any fees, making them profitable for the lender.
The best part is that most of these platforms are available to borrowers worldwide and have considerably lower interest rates than what traditional banks offer investors.
I really like that there are companies that can produce an ROI legally just loaning it out.
This really beats just hodling on to my crypto assets and hoping the market will go up.
There is no mystery about these platforms, but we must also realize that there is always risk involved with any investment.
The markets can really tank and would cause the market value on your assets to dip (unless you are lending in stablecoins) which would cause less value and less profit until the market evens out again or increases.
Overall, I think crypto lending platforms are a wise investment strategy for crypto holders and would highly recommend the ones listed above.
With that said, I hope you enjoyed my article about the top 5 crypto lending platforms in 2021.
If you found my guide helpful, please share click on the social share buttons below to share it with others to help support my work.
Also, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and me or the community will have an answer for you shortly.